Flood Insurance

Explore the potential solutions available to you and your loved ones through Complete Insurance Solutions today.


It’s important to be aware that flood damage is typically not covered by a standard homeowner’s insurance policy. Many Americans are still unaware of this fact or underestimate the serious flood risks they face. When deciding whether to purchase flood insurance, consider the following:

  • Floods are the nation’s number one natural disaster.*
  • Anyone can be financially vulnerable to floods. Over 20% of National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) claims and one-third of disaster assistance for flooding are filed by people outside of high-risk areas.*
  • Even in high-risk areas (SFHAs), conservative estimates show that only one-third to one-half of residents have flood insurance. SFHAs have a 26% chance of flooding over a 30-year period, compared to only about a 10% chance of a fire.*
  • In recent flood disasters, only 10% to 20% of victims in SFHAs had flood insurance coverage. The remaining 80% to 90% had to rely on taxpayer-funded federal disaster assistance, low-interest loans, tax write-offs, or personal savings to recover.*

Flood insurance provides protection in two main ways:

  1. Building Coverage: This protects the insured property, including its foundation, electrical system, plumbing, HVAC systems, appliances, permanently attached carpeting, and more.
  2. Contents Coverage: This covers the insured’s personal belongings, such as clothing, furniture, electronics, window coverings, portable appliances, rugs, and more.

Lafayette Office

Get In Contact